Email Notification to an employee without a smartsheet account

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Email Notification to an employee without a smartsheet account

I have a form that our employees will fill out in the field to request a special price. Once that has been approved i want to send an email back to that the employee confirming we have approved their request. I have them filling out their email in the form and have tried to use that in the automation to send them the email message but it doesn't work. What am i missing?

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Nolan,

First, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and secondly check the Permission.setting for the Automations. (cog in the upper right corner in the Automation overview) 

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Yes I have permissions set up right and my automation is unrestricted.

Below is a screenshot... whenever a product manager checks "Pricing Complete" box I want to email a notification to the recipient in the email column. This is a someone without a smartsheet account.

I've tested this and it doesn't work. I also have the column "Email" set up as a contact list.... is that what it should be?

Ok.

Sounds correct!

Can you share a screenshot of the Automation?

Best,

Andrée Starå

• See below:

Everything looks ok to me.

I'd be happy to take a look!

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Sent you the sheet

Thanks!

I'll take a look and get back to you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

@Nolan Schmidt

Glad we found the issue!

For everyone else.

It was two workflows that zeroed each other out. One made it so the other wouldn't trigger.

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå