Intake Requests Without Form
I am trying to see if there is a way to create rows via email without having our employees use a form.
We are currently receiving a large amount of requests from our branch personnel to our corporate office. These are specific requests for a specific department. The requests are currently coming into our Jira help-desk via email to support (support@companyname) and assigned to our team's queue to complete. Although we want to track these requests and get them as soon as possible, these are requests to be completed in the future and based on the date provided in the body of the email. ALSO, we won't actually be completing them until a new employee starts in a few weeks JUST for these tasks. SO, to manage these we are manually adding them to our Smartsheet for tracking and then closing the Jira ticket so as not to violate our SLAs. We're talking 60+ requests from 20 branches a day to a very small team, in addition to an already considerable workload. We're spending way to much time on a process that I could somewhat automate if it weren't for my permission and user access levels.
I have looked at all of the solutions below with no success;
- Jira Excel Export & Import 2 Smartsheet- Jira export errors due to internal configuration with no ETA on the ticket I submitted regarding the export error
- Jira & Smartsheet Integration- Denied by sys admin
- Smartsheet add on for Outlook- API not supported - Denied by sys admin
- Zapier- Denied by sys admin
- Provide Smartsheet submission form- Denied, cannot ask submitter/s to deviate from the process used for all requests (support@companyname)
I am looking for a way to circumvent the form and have emails sent to (support@companyname) with a specific phrase add a row to tracking sheet.