Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

[Feature Request] Tag people in comment / discussion

Comments

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

+billion

I pay too much money for this software not to have it.

• I agree that this is a critical feature.  Its absence from the product limits the value and hampers adoption across the enterprise

• Hi All—

Please let our Product team know how critical this feature is to your workflow by submitting your use case via the Product Enhancement Form under Quick links to the right of the community site.

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

Done. But I thought you mentioned last year you had our votes counted?

• I definitely did log your votes last year!

When you periodically submit feedback for the same feature, it helps our Product team understand your pain points more.

Also, when I logged votes from the community, I'm not always able to dig deep into your specific use case, as in, what you would specifically use a feature and how you would like to see it implemented—so in the past year we created a Product Enhancement Request form to cut out the middle man (me) and have your feedback go straight to our Product team. 

I know @mention might seem like an easy feature to program, but we'd rather make sure that we truly get it right the first time.

• stated above was before middle of 2017 release. Can you please update on this?

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 05/08/17

Hi Scott,

As Daniel stated in his comment above, we're targeting for sometime in the first half of this year to release this feature—we don't have a specific date to provide.

Edit: It appears that my post is not accurate. Daniel from our Product team has commented in this thread with a more accurate projection for this to release for the second half of 2017. (Our internal roadmap sometimes must be tweaked.)

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

So it should be this month or next. Looking forward to it.

• Daniel Stein
    Daniel Stein Employee
    edited 05/08/17

Thanks everyone for checking in on @mentions. We agree this is a very important feature. We currently don't have a specific ETA to share but are targeting H2 of 2017. (We regularly tweak our product roadmap in response to customer needs, so your votes are heard.)

In the meantime, we would love to hear how you would specifically like to use @mentions in your workflows. Also, are there any other changes you are looking for in our Comments feature?

We'll take this feedback into account as we design enhancements to these features.

Thanks,

Daniel

Smartsheet Product Manager

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

First of all, there should be a notification panel, or icon somewhere like most other apps have that contain all alerts/notifications. (eg: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, etc...)

Then, I'd like to see @mentions show an alert in Smartsheet (trigger the alert/notification panel mentioned above). Viewing the notification can link you straight to the sheet/cell/conversation.

This should also work on mobile. The mobile app should alert you, and from notification drawer, it brings you right to the sheet/cell/conversation.

There should also be an option to have @mentions email the person mentioned and include the conversation as most people I work with are not in Smartsheet all day.

I don't want to update a conversation and then email the conversation or link to cell to someone. Too much work and defeats the purpose of having the conversation in Smartsheet.

Make sense?

• Thanks Ken, your feedback makes perfect sense and aligns well with how we're thinking about the feature.

Daniel

• +1

Please, this is very important! We need total sync with email.

• bmezger
    bmezger ✭✭✭

+100

Please update us on the status of this much needed feature.  Comments are pretty much dead air without being notified of comments relevant to you.  Almost end of Q2 2017!  Thanks

This discussion has been closed.