How do I create an automatic updated sheet, that pushes information from other 2 smartsheets?

Team, I know you can do it.

I have two databases (same structure, different information), but I need a third that consolidates the two previous. If anything gets added in the sources, it needs to be automatically added in the third. If anything gets UPDATED in the sources, the third needs to get updated.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Germano,

Can you share more information about the structure, how many rows of data and so on?

I'm thinking that it might work with cross-sheet formulas and VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå , thank you for the answer.

We are working on a 500 rows Smartsheet1 (40 columns or so, with some calculated columns) to report on improvements we are implementing, the sheet is used and edited by multiple users. Some of the lines are already Status closed and it doesn´t make sense to keep them there, because too many lines are visible, also old improvements. Then these Closed lines and the old ones will be migrated to the Smartsheet2 and archived there.

But the report I want to do compiles both of them, so I need a Smartsheet3 that is simply the union between [Smartsheet1 + Smartsheet2]. It solves our business need, but since Smartsheet1 is a live file with multiple updates a day, all updates need to flow to Smartsheet3 LIVE.

Let me know if I can make it clearer.

Regards GB

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Do you have something you can share? Screenshots or the sheets or similar.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Paul, I infer that Germano’s essential question is how to get around the 500 row limit for Reports. Otherwise I see no reason to archive out the closed-item rows to Sheet2 (though this could be done using the new MoveRow capability in the Automation feature set) since it would appear based on my reading of the scenario that simply a report allowing over 500 rows would solve the issue, enabling visibility and editing of open-item rows, and disguising the closed ones for that purpose.

Looking for a workaround to the 500 row Report limit is what brought me to the Community today, and this is the first query I stumbled upon. I’ll keep poking around, dearly hoping there’s an elegant solution other than a scheduled output of selected rows/columns to an Excel file which is then imported back to a Sheet, the only [clunky] option that’s come to mind yet as I begin to wonder how to easily display rows 501 and beyond (ie, those confusingly accessible only by knowing to tap the More... button at the bottom of the Report).