How can I delegate my smartsheet actions to others when I'm on vacation?

I am going on vacation and realized that my smartsheets need someone to manage them while I'm away. The only way I was this was to manually update every automation that includes me and add my vacation backup. It would be great if there was a way to set my profile to away and delegate someone else to act on my behalf. Is this possible?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I help my users set up email forward rules that they can activate while on vacation. The email update requests and alerts get sent to their backups (who are also Smartsheet users shared to the same resources.) Smartsheet doesn't care WHO works an update request, just that it gets worked. So the update request for John Smith goes to Jane Doe as well. Jane does the work, the update request shows as worked and satisfied.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Thank you for your quick response! This is the only solution I could figure out, as well.

I was going to set the rule based on subject line but that is more complicated. I could set it for all emails that come to me from smartsheet automation.

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use the similar rules on my own mailbox to route Smartsheet mails into their own folders. Amazing how much push back I got from some users on this very simple solution.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!