Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Gantt colour bar and % complete colour

John Sneddon
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Does anyone know how to change the % complete colour in a Gantt chart? The colour of the colour bar and the % complete are too close and I would like a bit of contrast. ie blue colour bar and yellow % complete.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

John,

I don't think there is a way to differentiate them like this.

Conditional formatting seems to affect both so no luck there.

Unless I missed it .. 

Aside to Smartsheet:

I was hoping that conditional formatting (when 0% >= 0 for example) would allow this but the Task Bar formatting is only available when "entire row" is selected.

Linking Duration to the outer box and % Complete to the inner one might make sense or just adding them as an additional column choice under the "to the ___" configuration. Better would be just a place to set these two formats.

Craig

• Thanks Craig, appreciate your help looking into this, the existing configuration makes it difficult to differentiate the %completed. I am used to MSProject where there is a clear distinction. 

John

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can change the base color but the % Complete appears to be just a different shade of it.

Craig

• John Sneddon
    edited 11/29/16

That was my original point - SmartSheet should change the design i think so you can choose the % complete colour

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No argument from me.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.