Best Practices of archiving sheets

Options

Hello,

I currently use a form to populate a sheet for any new sales leads. We're at the end of our fiscal year and I'm trying to archive all old leads and start a new sheet. I want to know about some best practices of achieving this. I was thinking about the following ways:

1. Move all open leads via automation to a new sheet and start using that for the next fiscal year. However, would this mean I will have to create a new form, thereby sending a new link to the sales team? If yes, then it would be a counter productive measure.
  2. Duplicate the current sheet, and archive the new sheet. Thereafter, delete all closed leads (there are hundreds of closed leads, but a handful of open ones. This way, I wouldn't have to create a new form and disrupt the current process.

As it stands, both the aforesaid options come with their respective pros and cons. However, I'm leaning towards option 2 as that may mean more work for me upfront, but a smoother process down the line.

Also, is there a way to direct the current form to a new sheet? If yes, then I can use the automation in option 1 to create a new sheet and keep the old form and its unique link so the sales team can continue entering leads via the same link.

If the community can suggest a better way of achieving this, I would be very grateful.

Hope everyone is staying safe and practicing good social distances.

Best,

Yogin

Best Answer

Answers

• Yogin Bhatti
    Options

Thank you, Genevieve.

This looks helpful. I'll work on it and will set the trigger for the end of the month. I'll let you know if I have any further questions.

Best,

Yogin

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Yogin,

Sounds good! Please let us know the result next month, if this has worked for you. 🙂