Is there a way to adjust row height?

I want to enlarge rows, in the same way that you can adjust the size of columns. I've found comments online from 3/4 years ago saying this isn't possible; is there still not a way to do this?!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jessica,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could add a so-called helper column and add text on multiple rows in the same cell(s) and use the Wrap feature.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes, this is a good workaround for the time being. Thanks!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes!! Changing row heights, smaller or larger will definitely help solve many needs. Please consider this as an enhancement for PM's who ONLY use Smartsheet at their firms, and not excel or MS Project. Its a lot hard to take screen grabs, or a small section for Highlevel summaries, etc when I have to limit the comments in order to keep rows to a single line. Thank you

• I would like to request this as an enhancement as well. I put all comments related to an Action Item or Task into Smartsheet. Sometime these comments can go on for months. I disable "Wrap" so I can consolidate to the latest input but would like the row just a little bit bigger to see the last 2 to 3 comments, not all 30 comments. Right now it's either 1 line or all lines.

• I would also like having a way to adjust row height. Similar to another poster, we have a sheet where all but one columns would be 1-2 rows high, and the last one - "Comments" - can make a row as tall as the screen. Many people share the sheet, and all have to deal with the scrolling past extremely tall rows to find their data. This is my single biggest issue with Smartsheet, so would be great if it made it to the roadmap... SOON!

• Is adjusting the row height still not available? It seems like such a basic needed functionality. Not being able to see the entire text is quite a constraint. Thanks.

• Ridiculous that you can't adjust row height or parent bar color...it's 2021 for goodness sake, most any other program has these functions to aid in presentation quality! Are these in the works?

• Just started testing Smartsheet as I'm trying to find a solution to switch to for our organization's operations. When basic requests like this go this long without being addressed, it's a red flag. We dealt with that using Asana for the past few years and don't want to go down that route again.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Skyler Reeves

I hope you're well and safe!

I know that Smartsheet receives many Enhancement Requests. Then they have different criteria to decide what they work on next, so the best you can do if this is an important feature that you'd like added is to send in a separate Enhancement Request for each (link below).

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As long as the feature isn't a requirement for your use case. I'd recommend looking at it as there are still fantastic features and opportunities, and it will continue to get better and evolve. I know that some amazing features are coming.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• It is very sad to see that after many years (see link), a simple feature such as adjusting column height has not been added. I understand there is a criteria and I'm sure a large list of ideas, but something as simple as this should have been in the first release of smartsheet.

• gwenjo
    gwenjo ✭✭✭

I don't believe this should require an 'enhancement request', this is a basic functionality of any spreadsheet software.. even those that are free or open-source. Having to use 'helper columns' and workarounds to trick the platform into supporting essential features spotlights a chasm in this company's ability to prioritize them.

• DianaR
    DianaR ✭✭

It's hard to believe that it's now September 2023, and this simple feature is still not available.

• This feature should be elevated. It's a relatively simple request.

• Insane to think it has been almost 4 years since this was requested.

We are really going to have to start reevaluating our use of Smartsheets. Basic stuff like row height adjustments still not being available just makes this inferior to so many other spreadsheet programs, including open-source offerings. Why do we pay for this?