Automated Workflow for Forms and Reports

Options

I created a form to collect data from users (while at the same time protecting my sheet). I need to collect data from users on a monthly bases, and I'd like to be able to send the Form I created at the beginning of every month.

I also have a Report that I'd like to send out to managers at the end of each month. I know can always share the Report with the managers, but many of them simply forget to check back. An Automated Workflow for my Report would be the ideal solution.

Is there a way to set something up in Smart Sheet to Automate sending the Report and Form?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Angelo,

Form

You could set up a Workflow that sends out an alert with a link to the form.

Same as above for the form, or you could set up the report to Send as Attachment with recurrence.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Angelo Cordero
    Options

Hi Andree,

Thanks for commenting!! I thought about sending the Report as an attachment. The problem there is that I can only send it as either a PDF or an Excel file. I end up losing the ability to have managers provide updates to what their employees are logging.

I didn't think of your suggestion for the Form, so I tested it out by sending an alert to myself with the link. The problem I ran into was that the Alert includes a very prominent link to the actual Smart Sheet at the very top. The purpose of me creating the Form was to avoid users from having to go into a very complicated sheet in the first place. If I could find a way to disable that prominent link to the Sheet at the very top of the Alert, your suggestion would be PERFECT.

Thanks!!

Angelo

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

You can add the URL to the Recurring report or as a reminder instead (I think it doesn't show the prominent link as the others)

Would one of those options work?

If not, I'd recommend using a 3rd party solution/integration. Is that an option?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.