Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

IF formula

Options
Victoria Ganuelas
Victoria Ganuelas ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

May I please ask assistance to help generate the following IF formula.  Depending on what number value is in column 1, I want the column 2 to it to return a certain value.

If in column 1 the value is >980 then return the value in Column 2 to "Excellent"

If in column 1 the value is >950 but less than 980 then return the value in Column 2 to "Good"

If in column 1 the value is >930 but less than 950 then return the value in Column 2 to "Average"

If in column 1 the value is <930 then return the value in Column 2 to "Poor"

Comments

• Rob Hagan
    Rob Hagan ✭✭✭
    edited 12/18/16
    Options

Hi Victoria,

The approach is to always ask the least inclusive question first, so the way that you have written it is excellent. The code that you are looking for is:

=IF([Column2]1 > 980, "Excellent", IF([Column2]1 > 950, "Good", IF([Column2]1 > 930, "Average", "Poor")))

But your specification is silent on what to do when [Column2]1 contains exactly 930. I have assumed that you meant <=930 in your fourth condition and that is what I have implemented above.

Cheers,

Rob.

This discussion has been closed.