Recurring Reminders

05/06/20
Accepted

I set up indefinitely recurring update requests. Currently, I have to manually delete the update request when I receive the requested information. Is there a way to automate turning off a recurring reminder? For example, if I have a "date information received" column, is there a way to have the recurring reminder deleted or turned off when a date is entered into the date information received field? If not, does anyone know a workaround?

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kevin,

Yes, there is.

You’d use a Condition to tell the Update Request to only trigger if the Date Information Received is blank.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Thank you very much, Andrée. One more question about update requests: I don't believe Smartsheet has the ability to send text messages instead of email. I use a 3rd party online application called Red Oxygen to send text messages via email. Red Oxygen has API. So does Smartsheet. I'm not a programmer, so I'm wondering how to connect the two. Is there anyone in the Smartsheet community for hire to program the APIs for me? Thanks again.

• We have a Zapier account. I didn't know they could be used to send text messages. How do we work together to set this up?

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kevin Minkoff

Let's start with a free discovery call. How does that sound? Please e-mail me at [email protected] and well take it from there.

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.