Helper Column Formula

Emmet McKenna
Emmet McKenna ✭✭✭✭
edited 05/14/20 in Formulas and Functions

Hi, I want to use a helper column to uncheck a Checkbox column if a certain condition is met.

i.e. If [Order Date] contains a date then [Order Required] is unchecked. I can't put the formula into the [Order Required] column as it already has a =IF(OR(ISTEXT([Quantity Required]@row), ISTEXT(Unit@row)), 1, 0) formula in it. Is it possible to have two formulas controlling one cell? And if so which is given preference or can this be controlled?

If the above isn't possible is there a workaround which would allow; when a checkbox in one sheet is checked it will populate a Report, when the [Order Date] column is populated from within the Report that it would automatically uncheck the Checkbox?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Emmet,

The third-party service, Zapier, is an excellent option for this scenario.

Another option could be the Smartsheet API.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!