Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Edit Contact - Include Phone Number

Options
Katie Conklin
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi Community - 

I'm looking for a way to associate phone numbers with contacts (in addition to their email address).

I would like the ability to hover over a contact's name (in an Assigned To column, for example) and see not only their email address, but also their phone number and perhaps additional information such as address, office location, preferred method of contact, etc. I'm the administrator of my account and even when adding new users to the contact list I only have the ability to list name and email address.

Is there a way to add phone number?

Thanks!

Katie

Comments

• Scott Bean
    Scott Bean Employee
    Options

Hi Katie,

Short answer on way to do this today is no, not yet. However, a hover feature such as you describe is in the works. Stay tuned...

-- Scott

• Katie Conklin
    Options

Great - Thank you, Scott!

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Katie why not maintain a list of all your Smartsheet contacts as a separate sheet listing all the information on that person you would like to maintain, then you have what you need to hand all the time?

Plus using a Global search for a name, will take you to the correct row on that sheet in 1 click. 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR

• Shannon Scott
    Options

Also very interested in this feature!

• KLisk
    Options

I've submitted the following Product Enhancement that I believe captures the requirements of the users who have commented on this thread:

-----

Enhancement Request Summary

Contact Profile - Automated Stakeholder Registry

Description

As a Project Manager I would like to be able to fill in additional information for my contacts to help keep a better profile on record.

Name

Email

Phone#

Company

Title

Department

Influence/Interest

Decision Maker/Coach/Gate Keeper

Ability to assign them to Teams/Groups within Smartsheet

Each project sheet/workspace would then have a better stakeholder registry that could be generated within the reports.

This follows basic PMI procedures and would increase the efficiency/value of smartsheet to being THE system of record for Project Managers

• KLisk
    Options

I agree that this is a good work around but if you are running a project across multiple companies it would be more efficient to have a Smartsheet maintain a database of contacts (which they have already built) that includes all of the information that you would require for this contact. While your solution does provide a solution Smartsheet should really enhance what they have built to improve the user experience and leverage technology to help provide more information (projects that a contact is a stakeholder on, their influence/interest in a project, and other key information). 

Smartsheet has already gone to the steps of capturing the contact's name and e-mail, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to expect them to build out/enhance the stakeholder registry capabilities - especially considering that they are a project management software. 

• Scott Bean
    Scott Bean Employee
    edited 09/15/17
    Options

All --

We released Personal Profiles last night, so now all of us can add a few essentials including title, department, company, and phone numbers. And a photo, which I've found has made it much easier to distinguish between people with same or similar names. 

As always, we're eager to hear what you think. 

-- Scott

• klegan
    Options

This does not really solve the original problem.  We can not add phone numbers or address or other information to people in our contact list.  Since you can share sheets with anyone, not just people who pay smartsheet, the majority of people in my contact list do not actually work at my company and not all people at my company do not have access to smartsheets.  Do you have any plans to turn the contact list into an actual contact list beyond just name / email address?

• I would also like to be able to include the phone number as in "contact" field, but email address is the only option. Entering a phone number results in a format error. Is there an update on when this will be possible in smartsheet? 

• bOOZAooh
    Options

Hi Scott,

Its been over a year so not really a priority for Smartsheet. this feels a very basic requirement which in turn makes it frustrating.....any update?

• joshr0219
    Options

I just wanted to comment here to say I agree with what a lot of people are saying here and want to see if there's any progress on this?

The whole Contact drop down is pretty useless with only a Name and Email option. I'm looking to use this to create a vendor list and without company name, phone number, etc. its not helpful.

Please push this as a priority. You already have the basic info for contacts. Just add a few more options.

Or even just a spot to add notes to a contact would be great.

• volchic16
    volchic16
    edited 08/11/18
    Options

Checking back in on this highly desired original request made over 1.5 years ago...any updates Smartsheet Team?

• AmyI
    Options

I'm also in need of upgrades here. I want to use the contact list for assigning tasks and thus getting reporting and notifications - but I need to store more data about each contact.  To create the report as described above requires me to keep duplicate data.

• YJB
    Options

Add my name to this request - it really is a very basic feature that would save users a lot of time. 

• Interrogation
    Options

I would also like to see this feature implemented soon. It would help tremendously with stakeholder management to be able to quickly see contact information for people involved in a project when communications need to be made.

This discussion has been closed.