Data Uploader Mapping Issue

HI,

I have created a ms excel online on my Onedrive and trying to use smartsheet data uploader to map it to my smartsheet with all same column names but the input column from OneDrive not showing up? How should i write the expression to link data from OneDrive to flow to smartsheet?

any restriction where my onedrive excel should locate? can other people sharing the onedrive excel able to link to my smartsheet?

Answers

• Sean Morgan
    Sean Morgan Employee
    edited 07/13/20

Hello Josephine,

I've attempted to re-create this issue, but was unable to.

Firstly, if you have not done so already, please can you try to re-save both the Smartsheet Sheet, and the Excel Sheet. Then attempt to Map the fields using Google Chrome.

If this does not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Support Team here: https://www.smartsheet.com/contact

Regards

Sean

• Hi Sean,

Thanks for replying. I have saved both smartsheet and onedrive excel sheet. I also used google chrome trying to map it.

I need online help and does smartsheet has support team that can meet up with client via webex?

I have submitted ticket and not able to resolve it and this is another ticket that i have submitted requesting to have webex session and there is no reply from support team. This is the ticket number: 04046508

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Josephine Khoo

To add to Sean's suggestion, please note that you can only sync to files in your personal Onedrive folder.

Files that are in a Onedrive Shared Folder or in a Sharepoint folder will not allow you to configure the workflow, even though you will be able to select it from the Onedrive "file picker".

Additionally, Data Uploader uses to first row to determine which fields are mappable. If your columns do not have cell data in the first row defined on the Source page of the config, then this is one possible cause for why they may not appear as available.

You can read more about Data Uploader in our Help Center (see here), or in the course in the Learning Center (see here).

If you already have an on-going conversation with Support about this, please do reply to their most recent email with additional information so they can continue to troubleshoot with you. It would be useful to provide them with screen captures of the sheet you're mapping to, the file open in Onedrive, and images of each of the Config tabs.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

I have followed the exact instructions of yours still not able to map it? I have attached screenshot in word doc as well.

Here are the full steps:

1) login to OneDrive: Files > Shared with Everyone (folder) > Excel File 

2) add records into excel file

3) export the excel file to desktop

4) login to smartsheet and import the excel file

5) smartsheet then data uploader then create new

6) Map the columns

which part is wrong? how do we write expression to map the exact column in onedrive with smartsheet columns?

Thanks

Form: Josephine

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Josephine Khoo

Thank you for this additional information! Based on your screen captures everything does seem to be set up correctly (I am assuming this document in your onedrive is looking at the second tab).

This is definitely unexpected behaviour and would require the help of Support to troubleshoot properly. As a Moderator, I'm able to see that your account has access to Phone Support; I'll message you privately with more details about this.

Thanks,

Genevieve