Is there a way to pull only the children into the report?

Naveen Srikakulam
edited 07/22/20 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to have a report that shows only the lowest indented children in it. I am working on a sheet that has 4 level of indents. Workstream (indent 0), Project (indent 1), Milestone (indent 2) and Activities (indent 3). The report needs to include activities only and not any of its parents. Please let me know if there is a way to do so. Will be glad to give more information if required. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Naveen Srikakulam

You’ll need to add a so-called helper column to get the ”Levels” of the rows.

Try something like this.

=COUNT(ANCESTORS()) + 1

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

Thanks for the comment. The real problem is this - as shown in the pic below, I want only activities (Level 4) to be in the column "Activity". The report is pulling this data based from a grid based on two conditions already as shown in the second pic. I want the report to be pulled based on (Level AND status labels OR time taken). But the report insists on having only AND for all the three conditions or OR for all the three conditions. Is there a way to have one OR and AND among these three conditions? That would solve the problem. However, if there is a different approach, I would love to hear that as well. Thanks!