How to create a calendar in smartsheet

I am trying to see how to create a calendar in smartsheet. We have some employees that will be coming in-house once a week and would like to have it documents in smartsheet.

Best Answer

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

Any grid can be turned into a Calendar by changing the view.....

So, first create your grid:

You need a date column (or 2 if you want a "From" and "To" date).

Your PRIMARY column is the one that will show up on the Calendar. In my sheet, I actually used the Primary column to create a formula that included my TM Name, type of PTO, and # of hours (mine is a PTO calendar). Those elements are captured in 3 other columns in the grid.

Once you have your data looking the way you want, switch from Grid view to Calendar view.

Note: In order to display your calendar on a dashboard, you need to publish it (globe icon on the right side).

Hope that helps!

Answers

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

Any grid can be turned into a Calendar by changing the view.....

So, first create your grid:

You need a date column (or 2 if you want a "From" and "To" date).

Your PRIMARY column is the one that will show up on the Calendar. In my sheet, I actually used the Primary column to create a formula that included my TM Name, type of PTO, and # of hours (mine is a PTO calendar). Those elements are captured in 3 other columns in the grid.

Once you have your data looking the way you want, switch from Grid view to Calendar view.

Note: In order to display your calendar on a dashboard, you need to publish it (globe icon on the right side).

Hope that helps!