Copy and Paste not working

Options

Hi, I am trying to copy and paste between two smartsheets. I have tried ctrl+C; CTRL V; using a mouse, it makes no difference. I have logged in and out again and no changes.

Best Answer

• Melitta King
    Melitta King ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @EDWard2 @André Pruijn

Try going to the row you want to copy, right click and choose 'Copy to Another Sheet'?

Another dialog box will open and you may choose the sheet you want to copy it to. It will place the rows at the bottom of the rows on the destination sheet. You can also choose, at the bottom of that dialog box, to include Attachments or include Comments.

Good luck,

Melitta

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try pasting into Notepad or Word after your copy to make sure that you actually have something in your clipboard. Would be good to identify if your issue is on the copy or the paste side.

Are you getting an error or just nothing?

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• jennie m
    Options

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @EDWard2,

Hope you are fine, copy and paste using mouse is not working in smartsheet, to do that please use the following steps:

1- select with mouse the range of cells you want to copy.

2- use the keyboard only and press Ctrl+C to copy.

3- go to destination sheet and select the first cell where you want to paste then use keyboard and press Ctrl+V.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @EDWard2

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• André Pruijn
    Options

No, i am experiencing the same issue, CTRL-C/CTRL-V doesn't work, nor copy/paste between 2 smartsheets.

I have now exported and imported via excel, but then you loose a lot of logic...

• Melitta King
    Melitta King ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @EDWard2 @André Pruijn

Try going to the row you want to copy, right click and choose 'Copy to Another Sheet'?

Another dialog box will open and you may choose the sheet you want to copy it to. It will place the rows at the bottom of the rows on the destination sheet. You can also choose, at the bottom of that dialog box, to include Attachments or include Comments.

Good luck,

Melitta

• André Pruijn
    Options

found it! thnx!

• Hi guys,

Is the issue resolved ? I'm facing it now.

It was working perfect until yesterday, i guess.

Thanks to advise.

• Megan Ryzenga
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue today--I've tried copy/pasting using my mouse AND using ctrl+c and ctrl+v. I've even tried ctrl+x to cut instead of copy, but nothing! Very frustrating :(

Megan Ryzenga | Medical Education Analyst

3M Health Care, Medical Solutions Division

She/Her

• mashermags
    Options

Today I experienced problems with copying and pasting between sheets, using all of the suggested methods (including Ctrl/C, Ctrl/V, and the right-click "Copy to another sheet" method). Nothing appeared to be happening, but when I clicked the SAVE button (in the TARGET sheet), all of my multiple pastes suddenly appeared!

• mashermags
    Options

Update - just tried it again, using the right-click "Copy to another sheet" method. Again on the face of it nothing seemed to happen, and this time the Save button on the target sheet was greyed out so I couldn't click that. There was no indication that the target sheet needed to be refreshed. But when I refreshed the browser (Chrome) for the target sheet, my data appeared

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd like to keep this thread going, as I'm currently having the same issue. My clipboard isn't empty, as pasting into anything else works. I was in the middle of copy/pasting columns into an existing intake form, and completed about half the columns and then this bug just decided to hit before I could finish. I've tried restarting my computer, clearing my clipboard cache, nothing seems to be working right now.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Lindsay AR
    Lindsay AR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I too have have this issue. It is intermittent but when it starts to act up it takes a few days to go away.

• Steve Mato
    Options

This is still an issue as of 1/6/22. I closed and restarted Smartsheet and was able to paste a number of contiguous cells from excel. When I went to past a second range of cells it did not show up and I had to save before I could see the data. I had mixed results after that with the data sometimes showing and sometimes having to save in order to see the data. Seems to be a bug in the software....

• MiaEg
    MiaEg ✭✭
    Options

Was experiencing this too, tried closing and reopening. Still an issue. Finally tried refresh and ctrl c'd the chunk of info then ctrl v'd where I wanted it and finally worked. Refresh is the key even if you have to click that every now and then