Using a report to show a section of a smartsheet

Options

Good afternoon,

I have a question for anyone who may have a better workaround than I do. We are creating dashboards for our clients that is essentially a one stop shop for all of the resources we provide them. We have a long sheet that keeps track of all of our task for them and I only want to bring in a section of that sheet on to the dashboard. My solution was to create a random text column and create a unique word (Life Organizer)

in the cells corresponding to the rows I want to display. All so that I can create a report to show the rows that I want by creating a rule to show column's with only that word in it. Once the report is created I published that report so that I could link it into the dashboard.

I know there is a dynamic view add on that is extra costs for a business account, but if you have any better work around please let me know! Attachments hopefully make it more clear.

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Billy Rock

Based on your explanation it seems like you've actually figured out quite a good way to display what you want in the Dashboard.

Publishing a Report that pulls in the specific rows you want visible is exactly what I would do. Perhaps other Community members have suggestions, but I have to say that this looks pretty good from my standpoint!

Cheers,

Genevieve