Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Authorisation workflow

Options
Alison Mack
Alison Mack ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi,

I am in the free trial period with SmartSheet and I am trying to work out if I can make it do what my organisation needs.

I want to create a workflow to enable my colleagues to create and authorise projects. At the moment we are using word documents and emails. I have a few questions:

·         I was hoping to move away from documents completely but can’t find a way to capture significant amounts of text in a way that is easy to view after the information has been entered, has anyone found a way to do this?

·         I want to set up a workflow to automate our two stage project authorisation process. I want the  workflow to  alerts the next person in the process to review / authorise proposed projects, has anyone one managed to do something like this?  

·         I want dashboards to draw in the latest project update. I would like the dashboard to update each time a project reports (some report every two weeks some every month their dashboards to draw the latest update), has anyone one managed to do this?

Thanks for the help,

Alison

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alison

looking at your list of requirements I can assure you that Smarsheet can be the tool for this but you will need to design your workflows carefuilly and experience using the tool makes this process a whole lot easier. 

If it helps you to complete your evaluation of the Software then my colleagues and I offer a Free one hour consultation. Our Company have been Smartsheet Approved consultants for @ 6 years now with 100s of such implementations of similar nature completed.

I am in the UK but have colleagues in the USA and Europe who can work with you to build what you need, if seeking outside assistance is feasible to get you started? if you have no budget for help, I am still happy to show you some workflows and answer your questions as part of our commitment to being a Smartsheet Pertner. 

Let me know a good time for a Screen share meeting? (UK hours) 

Happy to help. 

RichardR@smarterbusinessporcesses.com 

• Hellow Richard Rymill SBP, I would like to see how the workflow funtionality works, please let me know if it's possible

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/14/17
    Options

Alison

I got this message from Haydee?  Could you email me directly to arrange a suitable day & time? Does she work with you? 

RichardR@marterbusinessprocesses.com 

Hellow Richard Rymill SBP, I would like to see how the workflow funtionality works, please let me know if it's possible

Posted by: Haydeé Arriaga Updated at: 02/14/17 08:12AM

This discussion has been closed.