Easily "switch" from one Dashboard to another

Corentin Dal Farra
Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/09/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the use of dashboard and maybe you have some ideas or suggestions to help me :

Do you know if we can easily "switch"from one to another with a tick box for example ? Or we need to construct dashboard one by one. I would like for example to go from a dashboard with all the project from type A, and directly switch to a dashboard with all the project form type B.

Can we modify a widget based on tick box for example to filter on ongoing or closed projects ?

I think yes but it would make a lot of dashboard to do. Can we imagine to change the metrics based on the tick box ? and keep the dashboard with the same metrics ?

Thank you for your great help,

Corentin

Answers

• Bee Ng
    Bee Ng ✭✭✭

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra ,

I believe at the moment the only way to do this (or one way to do it) is as you describe. Create multiple dashboards, or multiple versions of the dashboard and then use links to go from one view to the next view.

Currently there is no way to "filter" the data in the widgets in one dashboard, like you are able to do using something like Tableau for example.

It is a feature that has been requested many times before, so you may want to also submit an enhancement request :-)

Hope that helps.

Bee

Business Manager, AcuWorkflow

• Corentin Dal Farra

Thank you for your answer @Bee Ng

I think it could be very interesting to have this feature.

What I was thinking is a to create a single metric sheet and in this metric sheet I just change on parameter in a dropdown list for example project name, and with the change it automatically takes all the data from the specific project.

But anyway this suggests a lot of time to create the formula that would pick data in each project sheets, and also it suggets to make the change in the metric sheet to see the dashboard updating..

Have a nice day,

Corentin

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra

To add to Bee's excellent advice/answer,

It's possible, but it's considerably advanced to set it up. All sheets that should be included has to have so-called helper columns added.

I've created client solutions where they select the parameter in a form and then reload the Dashboard, and all values would update (Metrics, Reports, Charts, Text, and more)

So it's possible, but depending on the structure, it can be a lot of work to set it up.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Corentin Dal Farra

Hello @Andrée Starå

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed you are totally right, it could be a lot of set up so I am not sure to take that option.

Thank you again, have a great day,

Corentin

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Corentin Dal Farra

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.