Document Builder and Radio Buttons Formatting Issue

I created a fillable PDF with Radio Buttons where someone would select one out of 4 buttons on a form, that would generate a PDF. Instead of showing a check mark, the actual word selected is showing up on the button. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Answers

• I also have a similar issue. My check boxes always appear in the same format and do not use the Adobe checkmark format (i.e. i have selected a checkmark field in Adobe, but it keeps using the format of the checkmark from Smartsheet). I am interested in a solution to formatting this.

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think I've had success with the Radio Button (Acrobat Form) using a Checkbox in Smartsheet.

Below I had set up a PDF with each type of Form Field.

Is the circle with the tick what you were after?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Richard

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• What is the formula for the circle with the tick? Struggling to set up radio buttons on document builder.

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/10/21

I am able to get a checkmark in the radio button by using a checkmark in a text field in the sheet. Clicked into the cell, Windows Key PLUS period Key, chose to insert Emoji, found the checkmark......mapped the column to the right form field...and voila!! Seems to be working.. can even cut/paste the emoji into formulas to have cells checked based on other sheet data.

Formula I used is: =IF(ISBLANK([Column Name]@row), " ", "✔") so if a particular cell is NOT blank the cell with the formula turns into a ✔

I tested it on 100 rows and it seems to work. Fingers crossed.