I can access a sheet by searching for it, but it's not visible in the folder it's located in.

I have a sheet in a workspace in a folder, and when I look for it's location it says it's in that folder. But when I try to access it from the folder, it's not there. It's also not showing up as a source option for reports.

Answers

• Aravind GP
    Aravind GP ✭✭✭

Hi,

What is the permission level you have on this sheet? To use a sheet for reports, you need to have permission level as Owner or Admin. If you only have viewer or editor rights, you can't use the sheet for reports.

Thanks,

Aravind

Associate Director

Copernicus Consulting Pte. Ltd.

P: +65 9230 5657 | E: aravind@copernicusworld.com

Feel free to reach out for licenses, services, and training on Smartsheet

• I have admin rights to the sheet. The sheet permissions are different from the workspace permissions though. Would this impact it?

• Sarah Brelage
    Sarah Brelage ✭✭✭✭✭

Ryan,

I am having a similar problem with a sheet one of my users is trying to access. He can see the sheet but when he goes to create an automation and copy a row to it, the sheet isn't visible. I'm trying to diagnose now...

• Hi @sbrelage

With a Copy or Move row workflow, the owner of the current sheet that the workflow is built off of will need to be shared to the destination sheet as well. Otherwise the sheet won't appear as an option to select to copy the row to - does that make sense?

You can read about this as a "Note" in this Help Center article, here.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now