FAQ: Where do I leave feedback for the Community and/or Product?

11/23/20 Edited 12/01/20

Hey Smartsheet Community,

Our Community Team is excited to announce the launch of our Customer facing Community & Product Feedback intake forms to the Community!

These forms are located within the top right hand side of our main navigation (screenshot provided below), titled "Product Feedback" and "Community Feedback." Within each of these two forms, YOU as an active member within Community have the opportunity to provide meaningful feedback and suggestions to enhance the platform, as well as the Smartsheet product itself.

You may be asking yourself a few questions about how these responses are received and when will they be displayed live within Community and/or the Smartsheet App.

To alleviate any of the uncertainty, we'll provide a high level overview of the intake process through this discussion, and if you have any questions please feel free to drop a comment below. ⬇️

1. What is the average time it will take to have a bug/issue resolved? Our team projects any non development related issues can be taken care of within 5-10 business days.
  2. What is the average time it will take to have a design/feedback/functionality request put into effect? These kinds of requests may take longer than normal, so based on the priority level and our current teams roadmap, these requests could either be open up to 20 business days or marked as "We'll revisit at a later date." You will be notified if the action item cannot be fulfilled now.
  3. How will I be notified if my request is being worked on or completed? You will receive an email notification from our team within 24-48 hours (within normal working business hours) informing you the status of the request (this only applies to the Community Feedback form). Once our Community team has gone through each stage of the review process, we'll notify the requestor of the result via email communication.
  4. Continuing on from question #3: Is the Community Team facilitating responses to both the Community and Product Feedback forms? Our team is only handling intake of the Community Feedback form at this time. The Product Feedback form is being monitored by another department at Smartsheet, so the wait times, bugs/issues, and more regarding the Smartsheet Product itself may be handled differently. We are excited as a Community to provide the Product Feedback form as resource within the platform in order for members to quickly fill out a request without having to leave our site.

Our team hopes both of these feedback forms enhance your experience with Smartsheet and the Community!

If there are any additional questions, comments, or concerns, please follow up within the discussion comment section below.

Thank you!

Maxwell from Smartsheet

Comments

• Nick BurrusNick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be amazing if the Product Enhancement Request form had a public tally. There have been things being requested on the community for years and years, and Smartsheet's never responded to anyone's Enhancement Request about. If it's not happening, just tell us it's not happening. A public roadmap would be amazing or even things being seriously considered.

I've seen hundreds of threads asking for better time management options. I've seen dozens of threads asking for dropdowns to allow you to select a sheet to generate the dropdowns (which exists now in DataMesh, but this should honestly be a core feature).

There is no try, there's only #CanDo -- Smartsheet

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

@NBurrus The challenge with a product roadmap is that it is difficult to serve up solutions in estimated timeframes. The following link is a published dashboard of features announced at Engage. They are already behind schedule.

• Nic LarsenNic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with having a public list of enhancement requests.

One where we can submit ideas, add comments to existing suggestions, they can be consolidated if they are duplicates, voted up/down, and if they cross a threshold in likes/votes, then Smartsheet will respond with what they can or can't do.

Gives us a chance to see the global list of ideas that have been around for years like Time, but never gain any traction or a formal response....just buried in an endless list of Community help requests.

We have this similar setup with many vendors we work with and while not everything makes it to production, some do, and you can at least gain some visibility and feel apart of the process.

• Sameer KarkhanisSameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/30/20

UserVoice is what I have seen Microsoft leverages for their products which has voting, user commenting, and capability for product team to indicate the disposition on the request.

• Susan PeckSusan Peck ✭✭✭✭

I am kind of curious how this new "customer-facing" feedback collection is any different from the old method. The form is the same. I'll let you know if I actually get a response. Call me cynical, but we've been SS users since 2011. We used to get fast, personal responses. But, over the years, that ethic has disappeared. Let's hope this is an attempt for Smartsheet to restore some of its customer attentiveness.

• @Susan B Peck Thank you for the feedback! We are currently in the process of enhancing the intake form and ensuring that our customers have the opportunity to provide insights into how they'd like to see the form improve. Also, we are ensuring that even if the feedback requires more work than a quick turnaround, we will be sure to respond back in a timely manner in order for everyone to have the chance to make change possible! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to message me directly.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• +1 for a Uservoice sort of setup. It'd be great to be able to vote on feature requests.

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

🧔 Brett Wyrick; your friendly neighborhood freelance consultant & Smartsheet helper.

❓ Need some more help? Want to automate systems outside of Smartsheet to connect to your Smartsheet? Want to automate your sheets to talk to one another easier? Other questions?

Send me an email or connect with me on LinkedIn.‎

• @SK @Brett Wyrick We'll pass this information along to our Product Feedback Form Owner(s)! Thank you.

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet