Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Automatically add rows when report refreshes

Options
Jeff K.
Jeff K.
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a report that's running every day against a single parent row to grab totals. A few cells of that one, single, lonely row. 

I'm looking for a way to automatically copy the report's information into another sheet daily, that way, over a period of 1 week, 1 month, etc., we can see the changes in the totals. This is similar to a person manually using the webform to fill in new info.

Any suggestions? I'm getting a runaround from Smartsheet help to use IFTTT and Zapier, but we're unfortunately restricted to Smartsheet over here.

-Jeff K.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jeff,

Smartsheet alone has no automation of this kind.

Is the API a possiblity?

Craig

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jeff - sorry to hear that, but I am curious - what do you mean by a "run-around"?  I know our Support team works super hard and aims to assist all customers to the best of their ability.  If there are specific ways in which we can improve, please let us know.

IFTTT: we don't have a Smartsheet connector / plug-in for IFTTT, so we can't and don't support it at this time.

Zapier: assuming you always copy the same exact row (same row ID), then you don't need to use a report.  Instead you can take advantage of "copy row to another sheet" https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/770589-copying-a-row-to-another-sheet feature (please keep in mind, however, that it will also copy all the children rows and there is currently no way to opt out).  I walked through the process in Zapier and grabed a bunch of sequential screenshots to show you what needs to be done.  I didn't, however, confirm that the process actually worked in the end.  Here are the screenshots:  https://goo.gl/photos/9DzmRU3VnDzLstDfA.

Azuqua is another Zapier-like service that has a very rich Smartsheet plug-in and may also help you accomplish your goal.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.