Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Use a SS and a FF Dependency on one work item

Jamie Boos
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi - i have weekly meetings scheduled for the duration of a ~2 yr project and I'd like to use a SS dependency from the kickoff and a FF dependency from the last work item to set the duration of the weekly meetings, is this possible?

Comments

• Hi Jamie,

Dependencies are established per row, so you're able to configure this as long as your kickoff and last work items are on two separate rows. Details on the dependency functionality can be found in our Help Center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/765727-enabling-dependencies-using-predecessors

• Hi Shaine - are you able to enter a SS and FF and expect the start date, end date and duration to recalculate based on either one of those changing?  that is what is not working for me at this time.  trying to schedule weekly project meetings to start SS with the project kickoff and end FF with the last task two years later and then get the duration in work days that i can use to calculate the # of weeks for weekly meetings in between. 

• Has anyone figured this out?  When I set up a SS and FF dependency, it only goes off of the first one (it won't calculate duration automagically).  My expectation is that Start Date would be set by SS, and End Date by FF, with duration calculated - but that is not happening.  Is this a bug?

This discussion has been closed.