Using international date format in auto-generated notifications

Hello,

I have created a workflow to notify the users that their issue will be resolved on a specific date. That date is stored in the SmartSheet in a column called "Resolve Date" . So, in the message I used {{Resolve Date}} to show this value.

Problem is, it always shows the date in US date format (mm/dd/yy), although I have set the SmartSheet column to display in the International Format (dd-mmm-yy). Since the users of this data/SmartSheet are spread around the world, it would be useful to have International Date format in all such communications. In the personal settings, there is no option to set the default date format to International Date Format.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok. SO the first thing we need to do is convert the month number into the month text. The most straightforward (but bulkier) solution is a nested IF.

=IF(MONTH([Date Column]@row) = 1, "Jan", IF(MONTH([Date Column]@row = 2, "Feb", ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................., "Dec")))))))))))

Now we throw the day and a dash in front of it:

=DAY([Date Column]@row) + "-" + nested_IF

Then we throw another dash followed by the two digit year on the end:

=DAY([Date Column]@row) + "-" + nested_IF + "-" + RIGHT(YEAR([Date Column]@row), 2)

And that should do it for you.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers