Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How do you change or delete a recurring email on a Report?

Options
Cindy Hawkins
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I set up a report to be emailed automatically each week and the PDF puts the overflow onto separate pages, so I would like to change (to Excel) or delete that recurring email.  I can't find where to do that.

Comments

• Teri Cecil
    edited 03/02/17
    Options

I found the option to delete the recurrance by going to the Send as Attachment and finding the recurring action on the right hand side.  When you hover over the email list it will give you the option to edit the recurrance (time/day/frequency) or delete it.

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/06/17
    Options

Thanks Teri (and thanks Cindy for the question).

If you're looking for detailed instructions, this is in our Help Center here:

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504773-sending-sheets-rows-via-email#sendsheet

Thanks,

Gwyneth

• Jan Peters
    Jan Peters ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Gwyneth -  

What if the the drop-down to edit the recurrence is greyed out - I'm not able to edit or delete.  I've done it before, but for some reason I am now unable to do so. IS it maybe because the recurrence timeframe is past? (I can't remember how long I set it up to run)

Thanks,

Jan

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee
    Options

Hi Jan, 

It's likely you're attempting to edit or delete an instance in the send as attachment window not the recurrence. The option to edit or delete an attachment would be greyed out if the attachment was sent only once. 

If needed, more information on this can be found in our help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504773-sending-sheets-rows-via-email#sendsheet

• Vasiles Kiosses
    Options

It seems that trolling through the community that there is a question that has not been responded to by SmartSheet.  

The question is "how do I modify an existing scheduled report when setting up a Send as Attachment with schedule"  

Smartsheet have only the option to modify the schedule but not modify the message content or recipients.

Can Smartsheet please add a function to be able to modify scheduled reports for recipients and message contents as a minimum.

I would also suggest a possibility for a menu option to return all schedules a particular administrator has created so they can quickly review and edit as necessary.

Its not productive to have to delete a schedule and then recreate it from scratch.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.