Calendar as default view when shared in Teams tab

Is there a way to ensure a Smartsheet imported to Teams always displays in Calendar view? I think I have been able to save this view as the default in Smartsheet itself, but when I open the sheet's tab in Teams it displays as grid view.

I signed out of Teams and signed back in to check whether the changes just needed to go through, but it hasn't helped.

Best Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Emma Slawinski

You'll want to check and see what the default settings are for the published link (versus the sheet sharing default). To do that, click on the Publish icon, the globe, then go to "get link" to find this page:

Make sure that the Publish Settings Default View is set to Calendar. For more information, see: Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Emma Slawinski

You should be able to choose the Read Only publish link and use this in Teams without any access issues (see the section in this Help Article under "Publish Settings: Read Only or Editable by Anyone").

I've tested this on my own account and I was able to see a colleague's published Read-Only sheet in Calendar View from Teams, so I'm unable to replicate the error you're seeing.

Try again today, and if the issue persists I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support (here) so that you can provide them with screen captures of the error message, the sheet name, and a detailed description of how you are adding this to Teams so they can troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Emma Slawinski

You'll want to check and see what the default settings are for the published link (versus the sheet sharing default). To do that, click on the Publish icon, the globe, then go to "get link" to find this page:

Make sure that the Publish Settings Default View is set to Calendar. For more information, see: Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks Genevieve, that did work but I now notice that if, once in the first Publish window, I select just 'read only mode', access from within Teams is denied. If I select 'edit by anyone' it works fine but that risks accidental editing by others viewing it!

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Emma Slawinski

You should be able to choose the Read Only publish link and use this in Teams without any access issues (see the section in this Help Article under "Publish Settings: Read Only or Editable by Anyone").

I've tested this on my own account and I was able to see a colleague's published Read-Only sheet in Calendar View from Teams, so I'm unable to replicate the error you're seeing.

Try again today, and if the issue persists I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support (here) so that you can provide them with screen captures of the error message, the sheet name, and a detailed description of how you are adding this to Teams so they can troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

I hope that helps!

Genevieve

• Thanks Genevieve, that's really helpful, will try that out.