Copy Row Automation causing duplicates

I am using an automation that copies rows which contain the word "submittal" into a sheet where we are tracking submittal dates for all our projects. I cannot use a report because we need to be able to publish to a calendar. Therefore, the end result must be a sheet. As most of you probably know, these dates can change quite often. Every time the date is updated in the source sheet, it copies over as a new row instead of just updating the information from the original copy thereby causing numerous entries for the same item. This is causing multiple dates for the same item and confusion all around. Is there a way to do this without manually deleting all the duplicates?

Melissa Boehl

Smartsheet Architect | TurningPoint Energy

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Melissa Boehl

Yes. You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!