Can I create a form to edit information in an exisiting row?

Good morning,

Is it possible to create a form that edits information on rows with information on it, instead of adding the information to a new row? Similar to the update form, but where I have control of the row to be edited and where I can embed the form in a dashboard.

Thank you,

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Edgar Munoz 

Hope you are fine, you can use the forms only to collect and add new data in new rows, but if you want to update information in a specific row you do that by update request automation and you can design this automation to meet your condition you can find in the following article good help about Update Requests

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Edgar Munoz 

Hope you are fine, you can use the forms only to collect and add new data in new rows, but if you want to update information in a specific row you do that by update request automation and you can design this automation to meet your condition you can find in the following article good help about Update Requests

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thank you, Bassam. Your answer is very helpful.

It also confirms what I was fearing about not being possible to have a form to update information. The reason I wanted to create an update form was to upload it on a Portal and make it easier for anyone in my team to make changes to a Smatsheet.

Thank you again,

Edgar

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Edgar Munoz

You are welcome

PMP Certified