Checkboxes to Generate List

Options

Good evening!

I need a little help to see if what I want to do is even possible. I am wanting to create a list of people based off of a response to a checkbox. For example, if someone completed a form with their name, address, and other fields to include checkboxes, and checked a box titled 6/7, I would want that person's name to show up on a list in another smartsheet form. I know I can create this with filters but all I want is just the persons name to go to another sheet. I am trying to figure out if a formula even exists for this.

I use cross sheet formulas quite a bit but can't figure this one out for some reason. Appreciate the assistance.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jennifer Roam

Hope you are fine if you want the name to show in the new sheet when the person complete chacking all the check box it's easy, but if you want the name to be listed on the dropdown menu of the second sheet form that will not work with you, if you can supply more details about the sequence of your operation with more screenshot maybe i can help you to do what you want in deferent approach. 

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jennifer Roam

I hope you're well and safe!

You could maybe use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Is there something unique that we could use to link the records?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jennifer Roam
    Options

Essentially, the person is filling out a form telling me what day they are going to be at a site. They do this by using checkboxes. Once complete it goes to the smartsheet. What I want to do is pull a "roster" so to speak on a separate sheet that lists out all the persons who said they were going to be on site that day. The roster sheet has no information on it (I am actually using the names that I want to get to use a VLookup function to pull additional information. See screen shot below. When the boxes are checked on the first sheet, I want it to pull the names from the corresponding row and place them on the second blank sheet.

• Michele Rainforth
    Options

As long as you just want the names to show up on a different sheet, I would use the Copy Rows workflow.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!