Smartsheet workflow not sending emails

Hi,

I have created automation workflow, requesting approvals. After the trigger point, Smartsheet is not sending emails to the users assigned with the task. But, they are getting notifications in the Smartsheet, but not emails .

Can someone please help me in this. I have the restrictions checked, but nothing is working.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have the users check the notifications tab of their personal settings.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Yeah, they have these checked. Even, I as the owner of the sheet and have all these options checked, still not able to receive email notifications.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You may want to contact support then. If those boxes are checked then emails should be coming through. I haven't heard anything about an outage recently either.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi @Santosh Varakanti

I can confirm what @Paul Newcome noted, that all workflows are fully functional at this time (see our Status page if you ever want to check this: https://status.smartsheet.com/).

Since you're receiving the notification within the Smartsheet app and just not in your emails, it sounds like the reason you're not receiving notifications may have to do with the configuration and anti-spam practices of your email provider.

I would suggest checking your Spam or Junk folder. You may also need to partner with your company's IT department to ensure that Smartsheet's email domains are added to your organization's allow list. See this article for more information: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet.

If none of this has helped, then yes, please contact Smartsheet Support with screen captures of the workflow, what you see in your alerts, the sheet name, the workflow ID, and if it's just this one workflow or any workflows.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• bmallon
    bmallon ✭✭

I am having the same problem. I get notifications within Smartsheets and the apps on my iPad and iphone, but no one gets any emails. All setting are correct as far as I can tell. Nothing in spam and smart sheets has been added to my contacts in my email to avoid future spam.

• Although the issue is a three years old one, I still have the same problem as described.

There is no spam or junk filter preventing the receipt. It's neither working with my company's email (which is connected to my SS account) not with an external one.

So, what's the reason for such a behaviour?

• Samscho
    Samscho ✭✭✭

I'm having the same problem. I don't think it's a company email or spam/junk issue because in the same Smartsheet I have automation workflows that "request approval" and for those the emails get delivered normally. It's only for the automation workflows that "notify" where the notifications show up fine in smartsheet but no emails are being delivered.

• Hi @Samscho

Do you have this box checked in your Personal Settings?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Samscho
    Samscho ✭✭✭

Yeah, sorry I meant to post an update yesterday but the issue was I didn't have the top box checked for "Sheet Changes and Reminders". After checking that box the alert notifications worked normally.

The "include my changes" box in your screenshot was already checked for my account.

Thanks!