populating specific cells in new sheet by combining forms and templates

Hi

I would like to create a template that could be personalized the users once they choose to use the template.

For example:

I have a template that creates a project implementation tracking sheet.

I would like the user to be able to select the template and then he will be presented with a form asking what is the name of the project , what is the hours estimate, and who is leading the project.

This data will then be populated in the new sheet he just created from the template, but it should be inserted into specific cells (not just columns).

Is there such a feature in Smartsheet?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Adi Lavy

Ok.

If you don't need the intake process for something else, I recommend adding the information to the Template sheet instead. You can have a section at the top or use the Sheet Summary section to input all the information as needed.

If you want to simplify the look for the ones adding the information, you could use a so-called helper sheet to input everything, and it would be part of the Template Kit and connected to the Project sheet.

Would that help?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers