advanced formula help!

Hello!

I am trying to create an advanced type formula and am having issues.

Simple need: I want to know the platform in each quarter. The platform can be one of 5 choices. So using the summary info tab, I want to create formulas to do this. the basic logic is, If Quarter = QTR 1, count "FM - on24 - Automatic lead load".....then a new formula would be If Quarter = QTR 1, count "FM - on24 - Manual lead load"

OR I could combine it and say If Quarter = QTR 1, count any cell in the platform column that contains on24 or Certain.

More complex need: I not only want to know by quarter, but also by status. so If QTR = 1, and status = completed, count "FM - on24 - Automatic lead load"

Here is an excel view of my sheet. (it was easier to dl it for my picture) I hope what I have asked makes sense and someone out there can help me! Thank you in advance!

different criteria in another column.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Megan,

You could use a formula like this:

=COUNTIFS(Quarter:Quarter, "FM - Qtr 1", Status:Status, "Completed", Platform:Platform, "FM - On24 - Automatic Lead Load")

This would count everything that is marked FM - Qtr 1, Completed, and FM - On24 - Automatic Lead Load. The items I have in bold could then be changed to match the criteria you want to count.

Hope this helps! Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Heather

Answers