Using a formula to assign multiple contacts

Good morning!

I am having a difficult time using a formula to assign multiple contacts. I have the checkbox selected to allow multiple contacts, but it seems as though when it comes to a formula, the cell is only seeing it as text.

Example:

Cell1 - [email protected]

Cell2 - [email protected]

Formula: Cell1 + Cell2

This then just creates a new contact that's called [email protected]@test.com

Is it possible to use a formula to assign multiple people in the same cell?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use a formula to output multiple contacts even if the option is selected to allow multiple.

thinkspi.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use a formula to output multiple contacts even if the option is selected to allow multiple.

thinkspi.com

• @Paul Newcome thanks for the quick response! I am definitely disappointed to hear that... I guess that means that the only way that assign it to multiple people is if I manually change the cell? And since I am using a column formula, that's impossible...

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately you are correct. The only other option would be to have a single select populated by a formula or left blank and then have a multi-select that is manual for those rows where the formula left the single select blank.

thinkspi.com

• Giacomo Crucinio
    Giacomo Crucinio Overachievers

Hi,

I was just trying to do the same thing, as I wanted to send a notifications to multiple contacts, but fetching the contacts form another sheet using the COLLECT formula and sheet references.

Any update or thoughts?