Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Same Project, Different client (COUNT Formula)

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me do a formula for the smartsheet that I am working on (please see belw attached Pic). In the table, it indicates that there is a same project with different client, different Received and Sent Dates.

I would like to come up with a Count (or other possible) formula that will result to counting the Received dates as 3 only. Meaning, it will show that the same 3 Projects will be equivalent to 1 only. Same with the Date Sent!

Thank you in advance for your kind reply ans solution.

Help Formula.png

Comments

• Hi Jhay,

You might need to add COUNTIF functions together in your formula:

=COUNTIF([Project No.]:[Project No.], "P2001") + COUNTIF([Project No.]:[Project No.], "P2001a") + COUNTIF([Project No.]:[Project No.], "P2001b")

Otherwise, consider lableing all of your project numbers the same, so you have three instances of P2001 that a single COUNTIF function can work with:

=COUNTIF([Project No.]:[Project No.], "P2001")

More information on our functions can be found in our Help Center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas

This discussion has been closed.