Project dashboard milestone report

Phil Wightman
Phil Wightman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/18/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Has anyone figured out how to surface a milestone report to a project dashboard and only have one date column; due date?

Milestone are due on a certain date (start and end same date), they are not between two dates so all I want is the task name and due date and the gantt view. When I deleted all but these two columns Smartsheet told me to show the gantt you need to have two date columns in the report. I added start date and then hid the column but same pop up again to include two date columns.

This is not logical. Anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• Malaina Hudson
    Malaina Hudson ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Phil Wightman , I haven't been able to get around having a start and end date, but if you identify the duration as ~0d, the system will peg the milestone as a diamond on the Gantt chart to demonstrate that it's a moment-in-time event and not a duration event.

Then - on my dashboards, I have a milestone report that displays the milestone dates with tasks and this is what I display on my dashboard. In the report, I only display the key fields that I want visible. Example below.

• Phil Wightman
    Phil Wightman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Malaina Hudson

I have the above milestone report by using 0 days duration. But as suggested I think its illogical to have to display a start date. I thought hiding the column woudl do it but obviously not. maybe someone at SS will fix it?

Cheers