automation copying rows when conditions should send update request instead

Hello, I have a scheduling sheet where users update an existing row to reserve a meeting time. My automation workflow states to copy rows changed IF three fields are NOT blank Otherwise send an update request for missing field info.

The issue: Rows are copying even when one or more of the three fields are blank AND even when the update request is sent.

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/27/21 Answer ✓

Hi @bourgeoj 

Hope you are fine, i advise you to add a helper column (Check Box Type) with the following formula to check the box ( name it Copy Row and you can hide it if you like)

=IF(OR(ISBLANK([Line Of Business]@row), ISBLANK([Manager's Voicemail]@row), ISBLANK([Expected Participant Names]@row)), 0, 1)

and change your automation workflow as following

in this way, you will be sure that when all field is not blank then the row will be copied.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• bourgeoj
    bourgeoj ✭✭✭

This is my workflow.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/27/21 Answer ✓

Hi @bourgeoj 

Hope you are fine, i advise you to add a helper column (Check Box Type) with the following formula to check the box ( name it Copy Row and you can hide it if you like)

=IF(OR(ISBLANK([Line Of Business]@row), ISBLANK([Manager's Voicemail]@row), ISBLANK([Expected Participant Names]@row)), 0, 1)

and change your automation workflow as following

in this way, you will be sure that when all field is not blank then the row will be copied.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bourgeoj

Am glad that my answer is accepted by you and i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified