Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Mid and Value formula

Options

Comments

• ricki
    ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First, i think the field you have the date time in ("Meeting type AGM/SGM", ) needs to be text. The date field seems to remove any time

Also, what format do you want the date in in the new field?

• ricki
    ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think that if you make ([Meeting type AGM/SGM] a text field

and you have a new date field, the following formula in the new date field should work

The corrections i made over your original formula is that i swapped the month and date fields in the formula. You also had an extra, unballanced ) at the end of your formula which i removed

=DATE(VALUE(MID([Meeting type AGM/SGM]3, 7, 4)), VALUE(MID([Meeting type AGM/SGM]3, 4, 2)), VALUE(MID([Meeting type AGM/SGM]3, 1, 2)))

• Peter Smith
    Options

Hi, Ricki:

Really appreciate for your help. Formula is work. You are right,I  should use date column. By the way,  are you freelancer? How can I reach you?  I have small project and willing to pay. You can reach me at dragonsneakerbc@gmail.com

Thanks very much

This discussion has been closed.