Auto add task list to a smartsheet

We are trying to create a smartsheet that when a new manual ID is added from another sheet it automatically adds the child rows with a set of tasks to be completed.

Any suggestions would be appericated.

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you post a screen shot of what a successful outcome looks like? Manually create the result and we can see if there is a way to get there.

• This is a version I have made so far, but has many issues.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Yvonne Stamm

Hope you are fine, you can collect the data of the child task easily using Index with Match function but the problem it will not be a parent-child relation, all the collected task will be in the same level.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Yvonne Stamm

I hope you're well and safe!

I've developed something similar for a client recently.

In short.

• Import Sheet where they copy/paste from another system
    • A project plan sheet is connected to the Import Sheet
    • The Project Plan Sheet is populated automatically with all tasks and details

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå I am also very new to SmartSheet and trying to do something similar to the OP. I have a form set up to collect data from the customer that goes right into SmartSheet. How do I set up each new input as a separate project with their own child tasks?

Mike