Generate Kanban based on fields in linked Smartsheet

Hi there,

Is it possible to link a Kanban to a Smartsheet, so that cards are generated based on various fields?

I don't want to change to the Kanban view as already offered, but generate cards dynamically as rows are added to a linked pre-existing sheet and specific fields are checked.

E.g. if "Email campaign" is checked in the row, a selection of information from that row is generated into a card on the "Email campaign" Kanban.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Sam Henshaw

What about using the Copy Row workflow to automatically copy the data from your original source sheet into the sheet with Card View, based on specific conditions (such as when an "Email Campaign" box is checked)?

The only issue here is that the copy happens once, but the data doesn't stay live or connected to the original sheet. This means that edits made in the original sheet won't update your second sheet.

As an alternative, you could have many sheets broken up into Card Views, but use one master Report as the source to look at these sheets from a Grid perspective. You wouldn't be able to add new rows to the Report (you'd have to do that at a sheet level), but any updates you make to current rows in the Report will then reflect in the underlying sheets showing in Card view.

Our Product team is working on the feature of having Card View show in Reports, but this isn't released yet. You may want to subscribe to our Release Notes page to be notified on any updates.

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're looking to do, or if you'd like to see screen capture examples of either suggestion above.

Cheers,

Genevieve