Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Have Sheets feed child rows automatically into a Master Sheet?

Options
MicW
MicW
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Forgive me if this topic has been covered before, I've done the best I can searching.

So my employer wants to have our projects be listed in a sheet, each department in a different sheet and to have that information feed into a master sheet (or a couple master sheets actually). I know you can cell link one row at a time, but I'm wondering if there's a way to link the parent row so that all the child rows appear in the master sheet. For example if you add or remove a row from the parent that row will automatically appear or disappear from the Master sheet respectively and vise versa. From what I understand, using reports would be the best way to go to gather information from several sheets but my employer would find this more useful. So is this at all possible?

Comments

• Brent Nathan
    Options

For my Master Sheet system, each project sheet has a  parent row across the top, which provides a summary of all it's children, start/end dates, overall progress % etc.

Then we cell link the summary row to a master sheet row.

If you are looking to dynamically update content to an overview,  you would be better off using reports or including multiple reports in a Sight overview.

This discussion has been closed.