Calculate Date based on Criteria in Two Cells

I need to write a formula to check a cell for a size (Small, Medium, or Large) and calculate a start date from a go-live date in another cell. If the size is small, it's 14 days earlier, if it is medium, it is 21 days earlier and if large 28 days earlier.

I've go this as my starting point: =IF([Size]@row, Small,[Go-Live]-14) but so far it's unparseable.

Thanks for the help

Andrew

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/28/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew Lucia 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to a column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(Size@row = "Small", [Go-Live]@row - 14, IF(Size@row = "Medium", [Go-Live]@row - 21, IF(Size@row = "Large", [Go-Live]@row - 28))), "")

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/28/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew Lucia 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to a column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(Size@row = "Small", [Go-Live]@row - 14, IF(Size@row = "Medium", [Go-Live]@row - 21, IF(Size@row = "Large", [Go-Live]@row - 28))), "")

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thanks, Bassam - I am new to Smartsheet and can see I still have a lot to learn. Your solution worked great.

Andrew