If date is less than, greater than, or blank formula.

Options
Cristina Ayala
Cristina Ayala ✭✭✭✭
edited 07/09/21 in Formulas and Functions

I am creating a formula that will display Completed, Upcoming, or Prerecorded based on the dates in Column 2021 Session Dates. When I use the formula below, any row with no date comes back as Completed even though I have added the IF ISBLANK formula to output Prerecorded. I don't get an error in the field, just not getting the desired output. Any assistance is appreciated.

=IF(TODAY(0) > [2021 Session Date]@row, "Completed", IF(TODAY(0) < [2021 Session Date]@row, "Upcoming", IF(ISBLANK([2021 Session Date]@row), "Prerecorded")))

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cristina Ayala

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK([2021 Session Date]@row), "Prerecorded", IF(AND(ISDATE([2021 Session Date]@row), TODAY() > [2021 Session Date]@row), "Completed", IF(AND(ISDATE([2021 Session Date]@row), TODAY() < [2021 Session Date]@row), "Upcoming"))), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cristina Ayala

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK([2021 Session Date]@row), "Prerecorded", IF(AND(ISDATE([2021 Session Date]@row), TODAY() > [2021 Session Date]@row), "Completed", IF(AND(ISDATE([2021 Session Date]@row), TODAY() < [2021 Session Date]@row), "Upcoming"))), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Cristina Ayala
    Cristina Ayala ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This worked! Thank you so much, Bassam! Seems like I need to brush up on IFERROR function.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Cristina Ayala

Excellent, Have a nice weekend 😀

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!