if checkbox is checked, capture a value from same row and populate separate sheet

I would like to capture values from specific rows on a source sheet (Estimate Summary) when a check box is checked and send those values to a destination sheet (Allowance Log). When the checkbox is not checked on the Estimate Summary sheet, the value captured on the Allowance Log sheet should be zero. I've tried several different formulas, as well as searched in the help section and the forum and can't figure this out. Screen shots are attached. I'm a fairly new Smartsheet user and any help would be really appreciated!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nathaniel May

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

We'd use the CSI NO as the unique identifier to connect the sheets.

Another option would be to use so-called helper sheets. In short, copy the row to a helper sheet and then use my method described previously to get the values you need to another helper sheet and then copy/move the row from that sheet to the main destination sheet.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!