Workaround for all attachments sending in Update Requests...

Does anyone have a workaround for not wanting to show all the attachments for a row when an Update Request is sent with the option to attach a file? I am using Smartsheet to track RFPs and the information for each one is collected into one row on a Master Sheet using a form. This information will sometimes involve multiple companies getting Update Requests to submit an estimate, in which they will need to attach files. If one is getting the request first, the second company is able to see all the attachments for that row, therefore seeing sensitive and confidential information from the first company. I am not too keen on using Dynamic View as it involves the additional steps of logging in separately into dynamicview.smartsheet.com which has been confusing to some of my users in the past. And the interface is not as user friendly as I would like.

I was going to use separate sheets anyway to break out company specific information to ensure they will not be able to see other companies estimates and statuses. Because of this, I was thinking I would just have to have workflows set up on each sheet to accomplish what I would like and have reference formulas to help move the information from the Master sheet that I want to the company specific sheets.

Has anyone else ran into this or a similar issue and what was your solution?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chelsea Miller

I hope you're well and safe!

I developed a solution for proposal management for a client recently where we had one sheet per company and then combined them in a results sheet to compare.

Two other options could be.

• Multiple rows (one for each company)
    • WorkApps combined with reports

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée,

Thanks for your answer!

I was avoiding the multiple rows for each company because I did not want to have to submit the form more than once. Is there a way to break up the information into multiple rows once a form is submitted and after the information is populated into just a single row?

The results sheet your were referring to is a interesting idea. Did you just use a report to collect the data for all the different company sheets?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by WorkApps combined with reports?

Thank you!