Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sheets populated by Web Forms

Options
Laura
Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a sheet that is populated by a web form. 

• The production floor inputs data into the web form.
  • The quality lab is "View Only" on the sheet. (on a display screen) 

Is it possible for the sheet to auto-refresh when new web form results have been added?

The goal is - as soon as new info is added from the production floor, the quality lab will immediately be aware. 

Suggestions? Advice? Workarounds? 

Comments

• Mitch.Shaffer
    Mitch.Shaffer ✭✭
    edited 04/14/17
    Options

The sheet won't automatically refresh, but once someone has completed the web form a tab will appear on the sheet for anyone that is viewing it at that time (see screenshot below). They would then have to manually refresh the sheet.

Another option would be to explore the Notification section under the Alerts tab. Smartsheet can send an email to anyone immediately once a row has been added, updated, or deleted.

Web Form Refresh.png

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The sheet is shown on a display screen without access for them to hit "refresh" 

I've found a Chrome Extension for an Auto-Refresh timer that so far seems like the best solution for this obstacle. 

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Laura,

I think you're on the right path here. It sounds like the Chrome extension is the easiest solution. If you're looking for something more customizable try Autohotkey. It's not necessarily plug and play, but it's very useful.  For example, I use the middle mouse button to refresh the sheet/report and not the entire webpage as I'm working. It loads faster and it saves a little navigating. You could use a timer to trigger the refresh automatically.

Regards,

Preston

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good solution. Will have to try that one. 

This discussion has been closed.