COUNTIFS Issues

Options

I am having problems getting COUNTIFS to work. I have two different formulas I am trying to set-up in different columns. I would also like cells that return as zero to change to blank. Does anyone know how I can fix my formulas and also set them up for "0" to change to blank?

1.) I need a formula that counts the amount of registrants from a specific clinic within a specific town.

=COUNTIFS({OKFresh Enrollment Form Range 1}, =[Primary Column]@row, {OKFresh Enrollment Form City}, "Oklahoma City")

2.) I also need to count the amount of registrations per clinic per year. I am having the same problem with this as above.

=COUNTIFS({OKFresh Enrollment Form Clinics}, =[Primary Column]@row, {OKFresh Enrollment Form Created}, YEAR({OKFresh Enrollment Form Created}) = 2020)

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Abbey Owens

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=IF(COUNTIFS({OKFresh Enrollment Form Range 1}, [Primary Column]@row, 
    {OKFresh Enrollment Form City}, "Oklahoma") = 0, "", 
    COUNTIFS({OKFresh Enrollment Form Range 1}, [Primary Column]@row, 
    {OKFresh Enrollment Form City}, "Oklahoma"))

=(COUNTIFS({OKFresh Enrollment Form Clinics}, [Primary Column]@row, 
    {OKFresh Enrollment Form Created}, YEAR(@cell) = 2020))

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!