Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Pre-select certain rows for export to PDF

Options
Dennis Wierzbicki
Dennis Wierzbicki ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Community: I run a regular export of a Gantt chart to PDF, and select pertinent rows to include in said report. I do this daily, and currently, have to go in and manually Ctrl-Click to select the same rows over and over...

I know I can make these rows at a high level, and then collapse the items below, but the way the plan is set up, this isn't practical.

Is there a way to add a check-box or something to each row, and only export the checked rows?

Help?

Dennis

Comments

• Dennis Wierzbicki
    Options

BTW, I have figured out how to run a report that provides this function...just trying to not have yet another document I need to run every day. Thanks.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dennis,

If you are indeed selecting the same rows over and over again, then instead of Exporting the sheet, Send As Attachment instead.

This can sent (to you) as a PDF or Excel sheet. Since you are trying to get the Gantt view, then PDF is the way to go.

You can set up the PDF to use selected rows (and other things) using the options item and then Schedule the attachment to be sent to you daily (or at another periodicity).

Hope that helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.