Access/Restriction using forms

Hello,

I created a dashboard with the intent of approved access only users for some links with the widgets. It is functioning for the links to pages, but not the forms themselves. Everyone can view, but i want to limit access to some forms. Though the my links, everyone can submit a form. Can someone please tell me how to lock it? Is it possible?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Becky Williams 

Hope you are fine, you can solve that if you have WorkApps With WorkApps, you can build customized apps directly from sheets, forms, reports, dashboards, and even external content like files, weblinks, videos, or slideshows, all with no technical skills required.

You can also identify and assign different end-user roles for all of the stakeholders who are going to use the app. This allows everyone to work from the same app, using the same underlying datasets, but with a tailored experience based on their role.

WorkApps is available on Enterprise and Premier plans.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Becky Williams

I hope you're well and safe!

You can change in the form settings that they need to log in to Smartsheet to use the form.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello Andre,

Thank you for the response. Will this work if everyone has an account? The way I read this information on the help page, it leads me to believe that it will only restrict people who do not have an account.

What I need is for the form to follow the exact same access/permissions as the grid it was created from. I would think by default, that would be the way that its set up.

Becky

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Becky Williams 

Hope you are fine, you can solve that if you have WorkApps With WorkApps, you can build customized apps directly from sheets, forms, reports, dashboards, and even external content like files, weblinks, videos, or slideshows, all with no technical skills required.

You can also identify and assign different end-user roles for all of the stakeholders who are going to use the app. This allows everyone to work from the same app, using the same underlying datasets, but with a tailored experience based on their role.

WorkApps is available on Enterprise and Premier plans.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thank you, Bassam. I will look into this.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Becky Williams

You are welcome and I will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified